Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Please Read & Help my Friend!!!!

Where do I begin ? Well, about a month or so ago my good friend, Rosemary told me she wanted to nominate me to win a car from Cars for a Cause through KATV channel 7 here in Arkansas. She had to write a 500 word essay on me and how we needed a new car ! Well, we do, she is old, she has been good, but it is time for a new one, and currently an added car payment to the monthly bills doesn''t look like it could happen now. She has 254,000 miles on her, her trunk is ducktaped down, her driver mirrors are missing, her front grid blew off in the wind one day, and her power steering is shot ! With my job before as a hospice nurse, and now as an infusion nurse I put alot of miles on my car ! I was so amazed last week to get THE CALL ! I think it as as exciting as getting a referral call ! That I was chosen as one of the 5 finalists ! Just to be chosen is an honor ! This past Wednesday, this wonderful camera man, Tony came to the house and he videotaped me and the kids and we told our story ~~~~ the story of our car, of my life as a Mom, the story of my love and passion and my mission to adopt a few children from the lives they were born into ! The story of my Mom, and what she means to us. I am going to post some wonderful pics from that day !Our video aired on Monday and it can been on the KATV website !Then comes YOUR PART ~ THE VOTING BEGINS APRIL 3RD- APRIL 8TH !If you go to www.katv.com click on Marketplace on the top right, click on CARS FOR A CAUSE and look under nominees ! You can vote 1 vote per 24 hours per computer every day til the 8th at noon !The people (YOU) get one vote, and then the judge's get the other votes !PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY TO GET THE PEOPLE'S VOTE ! Please email this to everyone you know, send my blog out to the world please ! Then on April 10th LIVE at their home KATV will announce the winner at their doorsteps ! When I first heard of it, I though me, why me ? There are 4 other people out there who need a car too. I am so thrilled to be picked as 1 of 5, WOW ! Reality is ........ we need a new car too !!!! Please pray, please share, please VOTE April 3rd - 8th on every computer !!!!!!Thanks, Charlotte, Raeghan, Riley, Rachael and soon Katya waiting to come home !

1 comment:

Arizona mom to eight said...

Done! Good luck to Charlotte!