Friday, February 6, 2009

Ice storm






We had a nasty storm dump some ice on us. We have never been off this bad. Nhikko was in the Hospital for 5 days. All of the children were home sick. The roads were a mess. We live out of town and had to cut our way out of the drive just to get Nhikko to the Hospital, no phones were working so no 911. WOW..... it was a bummer. The kids and I stayed home in the Barn where the wood stove was for 1.5 days. Then my Hubby came to save us. I did try and move my car but it slid down the hill :( Duhhhh not 4 wheel drive.....
Thank God we all are home and have power, some homes will wait as long as the middle of MARCH!!!!!!!! I would be a crazy lady.
Hugs, Melonie

2 comments:

Viola & Steve said...

mel - you are one tough woman. we have been praying for your family im glad everyone is doing well. i was worried i wouldnt hear from you before i left on monday morning .

Gina said...

WOW!!! I am sorry to hear that you are having to go through this! I am glad you were able to make it through to get to the hospital! Will keep you in my prayers!