Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Giving Thanks



"SO THIS IS LOVE"
At the end of the day I'm sure she will ask herself this very question, So this is how love feels. A family to call my own, parents that love me, brothers and sisters. Its the WOW look I see in her. The smile from the inside out. Its a nice feeling to know you did make a difference. But not without a Hugh loss before.

Are journey to Aliana was one of chance and of choice. I met her in March 2008 when I went alone to Estonia to adopt our now 3 year old son Maxim, she was a child God placed on my heart, and I was willing to listen to that quiet voice and not ask why me. I met her, fell in love with her, rushed home to tell my Husband about her, and just knew she would be our Daughter. How wonderful, how perfect, how great. We ask our Church to pray for us, we worked hard to raise the money for her adoption, we saved, we saved, we saved.

Since we had just done a adoption in December 2006 and a adoption in March 2008 we had lots of money we had paid out and we were struggling to keep up with what we needed. But we did it, and we were moving forward faster than we thought we could. Great news, everyone was so excited! And then our life stopped. Our world was shattered. We lost our son Justin, he passed away. What do you do, how do you go on, how do you go on. In August when he passed away all we saved was gone. We used it to help pay for his funeral. How do you think about adoption after a loss such as this.

You want the world to stop, you want all to be still, but life goes on, you find new in a life lost and you carry them with you everyday. A child waits foundation saved this adoption, without the funds we received for our airfare and lodging we would not of been able to complete this adoption. And she would of never of felt what she feels, her life was empty and sad. The honeymoon is over, she had been home for 5 months now. I don't know what I ever did with out her, I hope all families will look at an adoption of an older child. She is such a joy to parent, we have such a wonderful relationship with her. I tell people all the time, we are the lucky ones not her. She is a constant reminder why life does go on, even when you wish it wouldn't. I know Justin would of loved to learn Russian, I know he would of loved to hear all about her country, and I know he would of wanted us to go and adopt her.

For all you do for the children we Thank you, and for all you did for our family Thank you will never be enough.
God Bless each of you,
The Thompson Family
Aliana home December 2008

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful story. I love your daughter, she is such a special girl !

I am so thankful to know her and your wonderful family !

Charlotte and crew