Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bad News

That paper that cost me $130.00 to get translated, the one in Russian that tels me a story. The story of why Alianas parent dont have her. You know that one. Is a sad story for the children.
It filled me with many emotions, and then I became angry, and then I thought of my own life and how at times I have fallen short of being a good parent. I thought of the world where we live, and how its not fare for us to judge another. On our adopting from Estonia yahoo group its been a week of TRASH. And I have put my own 2 cents into it, so Im at fault for acting like trash too. It makes me sick. And then I think of allllll of the good this adoption has been for my family.
And I have no controll over others just myself, I wont be a part of that group anylonger, Im better than all of that. But I see people differently now and I wont encourage others to donate to some places who say they help children.
I wish every family a happy adoption, to give love to another but to give life to a child in a EE orphanage is very rewarding to say the least. My your heart goes out to the families who struggle with funds in the time we see so many others who have lost a home or job. I encourage everyony to make a donation to help bring a child home. You could make a difference even if its $20.00.
You can pay it to the agency they are using. Just request it to go the the ???? Family for this child.
Hugs,
Melonie

3 comments:

Shea said...

It has been a tough week, hasn't it? I'm sorry the paper upset you. In some ways, I do not want to know, but in other ways, I do. I am so glad Aliana has a good home with you now.

Alice said...

That story must have been hard to read. I hope it helps to understand Alina better. I am praying things go well with the transition. I hope you were able to get the needed funds!

I'm sad about the yahoo group. I haven't decided whether or not to unsubscribe. We just got a date for fingerprints! Hopefully we will do our preview before spring.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I have not been to the group in ages, too much for me to keep up with, and I did not like the negativity that seems to flow in some adoption groups.

I am so sorry that happened.