Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A child forever

Today I got a phone call from Dana as she was on her way back to the hospital with little Tessa. It was nice to hear her voice and nice she allowed me to do something for her:) It is so nice to give to others, It humbles you as a person. I want people to understand how important Family is to She & Mike. I know at times others look at ( us) as in adoptive families and think we are all off our rockers... and we are but not all the time. We have our sane days too. When you have this child you have adopted you look at this baby no different than you birth children. You love them just as deep. When you adopt a child who like our Nhikko will have a life that is shorter than you wish it to be you do become guarded, you do wish you can make it all go away, you do hope and pray for that ray of sunshine each day. When you adopt a child who is sick you open up your heart for pain you never knew you could feel.

We are all made different, shape, size, color, religion, goals, hopes, dreams. You name it we are alike but different. When a child is sick we all hurt! I want you to pray deep, I want you to pray hard, I want you to pray for Tessa & her family.

I must tell you I have felt such sadness today, A good cry was what I needed to do and it did me good. I hate for any child to hurt. Continue to pray for this special family. They need all of your thoughts and prayers.
All our love to you,
Melonie

2 comments:

Dana said...

love your blog and thanks for all of the prayers for tessa!

Arizona mom to eight said...

Prayers for Tessa and all families who opened their hearts to adopt children others felt they could not.