Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thank God for Friends

In times and trouble its so refreshing to have the love of Friends. When people share your private personal pain it help. Kris and I are friends of faith. We have a desire to adopt children who others cant. We have never met, we talk on the phone and emails. But we are true friends.
We are feeling life as it is, we are moving forward, we are trying to learn to live again. We are not free of pain and never will be. He is in us all. He will always be. He is us and we are him. A peice of our puzzle is just lost. We will find it in Heaven, when we see him.
Thank you Kris for your love:>)
I love you Too....
Melonie




I love you my friend,
Kris
My Post:
As a child, I often read from a little book of poems and quotes my Mother had; a book my Grandmother gave her. The book; published in 1953, has brought me comfort and solace many times in my life, and this morning I remembered one of my favorite poems from it. Because my heart is heavy, because I would like to move beyond the emotional days preceding this one, I need to remind myself, "This too shall pass away" I hope you enjoy the poem.
This Too Shall Pass Away by H.L. Frisby


When sorrows comes into your life

And threaten to destroy

The very things your treasure most,

Your happiness and joy;

And when that crushing power

Threatens everything worth while,

And clouds of darkness gather

And you find it hard to smile,

Then life your head and let the world

Hear every word you say.

With faith undaunted say to them;

"This too shall pass away."


When you are so over-burdened,

With life's toil and earthly care;

When life becomes so dreary

It seems more than you can bear;

When weariness o'comes you

And you yearn for peaceful rest,

And the trials of the day leave you

Discouraged and depressed;

There is no song within your heart,

You feel you cannot pray;

Then turn your thoughts to gladness for

"This too shall pass away."


When fortune smiles upon you,

And your cup of joy is full;

When everything you want is yours,

And your life seems wonderful;

When the days and weeks go flitting by

With happiness replete;

And you desire nothing more,

To make your life complete;

Beware lest all these treasures

Of this earth lead you astray,

And hear again these truthful words;

"This too shall pass away."


And so remember well these words

Whatever your lot may be.

For life is ever changing

With great rapidity.

Our gladness turns to sadness

When the sunshine disappears,

And sorrows change to happiness

When God has calmed our fears.

Compared to all eternity,

This life is but one day.

We cling to life, and yet we know

"This too shall pass away."

2 comments:

Arizona mom to eight said...

(((((((((((((((Melonie))))))))))) The pain fades enough to laugh again, and as each day passes become easier to bear. May God's love comfort you. Yes, I truly believe I will see my parents, grandparents, and all the dear family and friends I lost again. We will all be reunited in heaven.

junglemama said...

I cannot begin to pretend I know the pain you have felt. Just know that I am thinking of you.