Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Day of Reflection

Monday is a new year. Dylan will be a Senior, Sasha & Nhikko will start public special Ed. While one child is completing this phase of his education others will be moving in a new direction. We have had some wonderful help to get our boys from Estonia to a level that I am just in awww over. Sasha can sign some, he is independent in moving about the house to where when we got him if you left him in a chair and forgot to get him down he would just sit. For hours!! He loves cartoons, and will laugh so loud.
Nhikko sleeps threw the night now. When we got him he was up every 3 hours and has NEVER slept all night. He may wake to moved on his side or tummy but for the most part he will sleep.
Thank the lord, I get to sleep now. His health was so poor at times I thought he would die in the first year. But in December he will be home with us for 2 years.
My life is full, its busy, I have lots to do, and I'm very excited to have Alina coming. My grandchild went to 1st grade and I'm feeling so sad I missed it.
I have much to be thankful for and much to be sad about. This year has been I think the most trying. My oldest Son TJ should of died in a car wreck but didn't, my Son Justin has had is own struggles with his Diabetes, Jami moved away, Dylan is on his way to freedom, Aubri has had some very hard lessons to learn and Max joined our family. It has been exciting and I'm exhausted.
I have so much to be thankful for from the Lord and don't know where start. I have made new friends, and I have grown myself. In times such as this I find myself missing my Dad. Wanting to share all of the great things we have done and what we are going through. I find myself looking at Less Moms photo and wishing she was hear. Wishing I could call her in the morning while I get ready for work and talk about how things are. I miss the old and welcome the new. But, the old is safe and the new is about change. At times I think we all want it to just be. For all of you who have a parent or parents to share with is envy you. What I would do for just one more day.
Didn't they tell us that when we got to be in our 40s we would want life to slow down..... Yep I know they did!!
Life is good, change is always going to happen, children will grow and leave, and life moves so much faster when you are 40 something. What I wouldn't give to be 20 something! Oh, and whats up with this extra 15 lbs I cant seem to get off me Butt...
Hugs to you and yours, Melonie

No comments: