Sunday, August 3, 2008

For Tessa

This came from my friend Dana's blog :( I'm very sorry that after the eye was removed I see Little Tessa will endure more :( PLEASE PRAY for this family. Not just for one but all. It must be very hard to see light at the end of this tunnel right now. Mike & Dana we just think you are amazing parent and love does con core all!!!!
The Bad News....
I guess I just couldn't bring myself to sit down at the computor for a few days to update everyone on Tessa, I guess I just had to let the "dust settle".We will return to St Judes on Tuesday and on Wed. they will do a bone scan,bone marrow aspiration, spinal tap , get a line placed and then Chemo on Thursday. Dr Galindo in his call to me last week said that he believed that the chance of dissemination (spreading) would be very minimal because the time between exams was only three weeks but he said that there is always a chance of course.He said that he was not comfortable with just removing the eye. She will have to have Chemo for 6 Mo's...it seems like an eternity when I think of it. I hope that she tolerates it as well as she did the first time around. They will be doing some switching around of the drugs t hey are going to use this time , so she may react differently.I can't tell you guys how much comfort we have just knowing that so many people are praying for her to be well and for the well being of our family. This will be a stressful time for us so please excuse me (in advance) if I don't stay in contact as much as usual or seem short...Thanks again to everyone who has prayed for Tessa and please continue. I know that God is smiling when he looks down upon Tessa, after all her middle name is Joy!!!

No comments: