Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cats out of the Bag

Today is the day that everyone finds out that we are adopting Alina. Why not before now, Well when I came home from Estonia on March the 6th I was so excited how Alina and I matched so well. Les was excited about Alina and so was Aubri & Dylan. Then Alina decided she didn't want to be adopted because she felt she was not being a good Daughter to her birth mother. I understood, I was sooo sad but I wanted her to think things threw, to pray about it, to make sure she knew what she was walking away from. A chance to have a family that would love her, an education, a home not a orphanage, holidays with a family, sibling's that will love her, a Church and a church family that will encourage her. The list goes on. She went to summer holiday and is now back, and since that time I have got 2 emails from her and 1 from the orphanage saying she is WAITING for us to COME!!!!!! I wanted to make sure this was going to happen, She was truly admitting to herself and others she is and wants to be our Daughter. And she does. She is excited in every way about this adoption. And we are now ready to share with everyone. It is our hope that all of our Family and Friends will be excited about this news and be supportive as well. The first question people ask is why, Its simple. If I were pregnant and I wanted to get an abortion more than half of you would be calling me up or at my front door saying " what you are doing is wrong" Right..... For people who adopt more than one child the world or some people have to put there 2 cents in. Just don't, just be happy for us, love us, support our choice and our right to be an adoptive parent. To make a difference in her life.
When I was 11 years old my Mother died. I went to Colorado to live with my Great Uncle & Aunt. They were older, all of their children were gone. I'm sure that I was no joy to have in a home that had been kid free for many years. But they took me into a home where I knew I was loved and cared for. Now as a adult I see what a Hugh difference they made in my life. They gave me anything I wanted this is true but my Uncle Bob & Aunt Jo loved me. Can we all say that we knew we were loved. We are not perfect parents, we will never be nor do we want to be. But having the opportunity to make a difference in a child's life. It fills your cup up over and over. Can we all say that just today we, you, us, I, me, made a difference in 1 persons life.
I hope you find the drive in life that makes you move mountains, that takes you to a different level with yourself and with God. That allows you to give and not worry about what you may receive.
We love Alina just as we love all of the children. And we know you will too. We pray that you will be a positive and supportive about this decision we have mad.
Hugs, Les & Melonie

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I am super excited for you ! I can't wait to meet Alina ! And for her to meet Ranae and my other children !!!!

Charlotte and crew

Arizona mom to eight said...

As another nutso adoptive mom (no I don't think I or you are, but otehrs do) I say congratulations and I am thrilled for you and for Alina! Naysayers, who needs em!